Model: Method for deliberate design choices
July 3rd, 2022
1) What are the forces here?
not just learn the rules from the business
what are the forces here?
how does this business assess risk?
how much do they care about certain risks?
the balance between making more money and taking more risk
how do they look at customers?
- employees that get fired if they do something wrong
- millions of users with little control
users will do this kind of thing
users will not use the system for this kind of thing
under these assumptions, we come up with these design decisions
under these assumptions, we can apply these heuristics
2) design choice -> heuristic -> competing heuristic
why did I choose this design?
name the heuristic
what competing heuristic can I find
in my Model: Clue Bucket
see it from another angle
find reasons not to do it
3) distill heuristics <-> clue bucket
This post was referenced in: